Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jesus is the Light

In speaking about John the Baptist, the apostle John writes, "He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him."

this Light coming into the world is Jesus.

John continues...

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

It is Jesus who has come into the world.

Now Jesus speaks, this is great...

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."


again He speaks,

While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

Jesus has come, The light is here, it is Him.

I'm almost done. Jesus again,

I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

Jesus is the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment